Saturday, February 12, 2011

Fashion Grt

thread drawing on silk, part of a larger piece. This was the back but I like it best!!

It is hard to get excited by current design. I have not bought a fashion magazine in months and rarely see anything fresh in design. I was a former fashion magazine junkie, so yes, the greener me is at work but the designer me is plain bored.The 80s rip is fine but the innovation extra appears to be lost in the shuffle for the $. That and the over extreme, try too hard to be noticed, pushy look in shoes is almost pathetic.
Maybe it's just me, but there is a pall of style, as if in the overwhelming barrage of choices and excess nothing is special, nothing stands out.

Sad.

However going to the Sustainable Seattle NE Hands On Fair this morning to see if local talent can spark it up.

No comments: